Principal (starting Term 1, 2023)
Wakari Primary School (Õtepoti/Dunedin) is looking for a new Principal to lead our amazing staff and tamariki in an environment focused on creating happy, confident learners, Ngā ākonga harikoa, nga ākonga māia hoki.
Located in the heart of the Wakari and Helensburgh community, Wakari Primary School has just over 320 tamariki and is a U5 contributing school catering for years 1 to 6. The Principal will enjoy a collaborative working relationship with other primary and intermediate schools in the hills area of Dunedin.
- A visible, approachable, excellent communicator who will develop strong relationships within and throughout the community
- Give effect to Te Tiriti o Waitangi in the context of our local environment and curriculum
- Empower staff and others involved in the Wakari School community to create environments that encourage happy, confident learning to take place
- A genuine commitment to working in partnership with parents, whānau, staff and the local community
- Ensures our school is intentionally inviting to all – a place where everyone is welcome and safe; a place where everyone’s culture and contribution is acknowledged, valued and celebrated
- Strategic thinking, taking the best of what we do now, and building on this to create our future pathway to achieve the school’s goals
- Maintains a comprehensive and deep knowledge of effective learning and teaching
- Will effectively implement changes to the New Zealand curriculum – leveraging staff expertise to deliver great results for the tamariki
- Effectively lead the school across all systems including finance, property and personnel to support and enhance student learning
To start the application process, click on the link below: