Enrolment at Wakari Primary School is governed by an enrolment scheme. The enrolment of out of zone students is governed by the provisions of the Education Act 1989.
The Education Amendment Act (No 3) 2010 changed the priority of out of zone students selected via the ballot. The change only affects students not living in school’s home zone.
Applications for out of zone enrolment will now be processed in the following order of priority:
- First priority, This priority category is not applicable at Wakari Primary School because the school does not run a special programme approved by the Secretary for Education.
- Second priority must be given to applicants who are siblings of current students.
- Third priority must be given to applicants who are siblings of former students.
- Fourth priority must be given to any applicant who is a child of a former student of the school.
- Fifth priority must be given to any applicant who is either a child of an employee of the board of the school or a child of a member of the board of the school.
- Sixth priority must be given to all other applicants.
If there are more applicants in the second, third, fourth, or fifth priority groups than there are places available, selection within the priority group will be by a ballot conducted in accordance with instructions issued by the Secretary for Education under Section 11G(1) of the Education Act 1989. Parents will be informed of the date of any ballot by notice in a daily or community newspaper circulated in the area served by the school.
All students who live within the home zone shall be entitled to enrol at Wakari Primary School. [Proof of residency within the home zone will be required]