Tenā koutou katoa
I hope this message finds you and your family safe and well. To those of you who are in healthcare or essential services, a big thank you for your work in challenging circumstances.
You will be aware that the Prime Minister has announced that some students may return to school on Wednesday 1 September.
Please read the information below carefully.
The following criteria apply in determining whether a child is eligible to return to school.
- If there is a parent, sibling or caregiver available to look after your child, STAY AT HOME. You can combine bubbles in Alert level 3.
- Distance learning will continue for those not attending school.
- Students cannot “come and go”. Attendance must be consistent.
- Children at higher risk of severe illness from COVID-19 must stay home wherever possible.
School will look and feel very different under Alert Level 3. The following guidelines describe what students can expect:
- Students attending school will be placed in “bubbles” of 20 students. This bubble will not change throughout Alert Level 3.
- Each bubble will be separate. No bubble will interact with another bubble.
- Students will sit in their own space each day. There will be 1m physical distancing inside and 2m outside.
- Each bubble will have its own separate learning space, handwashing, sanitizing and toilet facilities.
- Start times, finish times, break and lunch times will be staggered to avoid any bubble mixing.
- Contact tracing registers will be set up and identify which children are in each teaching space, record when and who they have contact with during the day if that changes. This includes recording who staff are in contact with as well as recording any visitors to the site, including parents.
- Physical education classes and breaktime activities cannot include sports with <2m physical distance or where the same equipment is touched by different students (balls, ropes, sticks, etc).
- Surfaces will be cleaned and disinfected daily.
ONLY COMPLETE THE ATTACHED FORM IF YOU NEED YOUR CHILD TO RETURN TO SCHOOL. YOUR RESPONSE MUST BE RECEIVED BY, MONDAY 30 AUGUST 1PM.