What this means to you and your Tamariki until 26 August 2020.
Kia ora koutou
We thought we would share some information with you to help the transition back to level 2.
This video may be useful as a reminder to help your tamariki become familiar with the moist breath zone and restrictions around touching.
As stated previously the school will be following the key controls laid out by the Ministry of Health:
The key controls for schools and all workplaces are:
- ensure people with COVID-19 symptoms or feeling generally unwell stay away from school
- maintain physical distancing (in schools this means children, young people, and staff maintaining a physical distance so that they are not breathing on or touching each other)
- enable good hygiene practices
- keep track of people that enter your school
CANCELATIONS (until further notice)
- NO Friday Project.
- NO Little Learners.
As you would expect, there are some changes in the way we manage our school day:
Health and Hygiene
1. If your child is unwell they should stay at home. If your child is unwell at school we will contact you to collect them. Likewise, if you believe your child has health needs that still make school unsafe, please contact us to discuss how we can support you.
2. Hand washing and/or sanitising is very important and all classes have facilities to do this. Children are welcome to bring their own personal sanitiser if they wish.
3. We recommend students bring a full water bottle to school each day as access to water foundations will be closed.
4. Social distancing in class will be challenging. Students should not be in the same “breath area” as others or deliberately touch others. We will avoid any large groupings. In the meantime, this means no assemblies or larger gatherings.
5. Students will be pleased to know that playgrounds and PE equipment are open.
Lunch Orders / After School Care / Devices
6. Lunch orders: These remain the same. To order: https://wakari.school.nz/school-lunches/
7. After School Care will be operating at this stage. If you have concerns or questions relating to after school care, please direct these to Magic Childcare on 453 3266.
Adults on Site
8. We will be hoping to limit the number of adults on site. For contact tracing purposes the school is required to keep a register of visitors to the school.
To minimise the number of adults on the school grounds, we recommend children are dropped off at the school gates. If you need to enter the classroom before school with your young one you must ensure that you give your name to the classroom teacher (please adhere to social distancing guidelines).
If you must visit the school between 9 am and 3 pm, please ensure you report to the school office first.
It’s important however that not just at school but at home, safe hygiene habits are practised by everyone, as this is essential to minimise the risk that someone gets infected with Covid-19.
For more information about the public health measures at Alert Level 2, you can visit the covid19 website: https://covid19.govt.nz/covid-19/restrictions/alert-level-2/