Important information on what to do during icy or snowy mornings.
Along with winter comes those days when we have to make decisions about the school opening time because of snow and/or ice conditions. We have to consider not only conditions in the immediate community, but also those throughout the city. It may be suitable for children to walk to school, but impossible for staff from other suburbs to arrive as usual.
We also need to consider the safety of children when black ice is prominent around the hill suburbs. Hence the need to delay the start of school.
So what can you do? There are several options:
- Listen to the radio (details attached)
- Call the school on 476 3140 (cancellation done by 7am)
- Call another parent or create your own snow tree.
- Follow Wakari School on Facebook.
By default we start at 10am, but this may change to CLOSED if there is heavy snow.
- Snow and Ice day reminders PDF, 418.9 KB